A set of measures to raise the site's position in the results of search engines on certain user requests for the purpose of website promotion is called SEO (search engine optimization). The higher the position of the website in the search results, the more concerned visitors go to it from the search engines.
In fact, website optimization is necessary for the user because it gives the opportunity to see the promoted website in the list of the first 5-10 sites in the engine network and increase the interest to visit this website.
All factors affecting the website position in search engine results can be divided into external and internal ones.
To internal optimization (relating exclusively to the internal system of the website) - refers the work aimed at overall improvement of website quality, the benefits that it brings to the visitor. This includes the work on project’s structure, on facilitating the perception of content and on the content quality, elimination of technical mistakes and continual improvement of resource usability (convenience for users).
Your website should be high-quality, fast, user-friendly and fully provide users with the information they are looking for.
External optimization is, basically, the actions aimed at obtaining the link mass on the website.
Methods of external search engine optimization:
- Registration in the directories of search engines such as: Yandex directory, Rambler Top 100, DMOZ (AOL) directory, Aport catalogue, Mail.ru directory, Yahoo directory and others
- Links Exchange. There are several ways to exchange - direct, ring and one-way (purchase of links)
- Posting articles
- Social networks
- Press releases
Factors that decrease the website's rating include:
- Non-unique content (articles, news, etc.)
- Technologies that search engines treat as spam
- Excessive number of external links
- Wrapping behavioral factors
Within the framework of the "Website Promotion" program we propose:
- Compilation of a semantic query kernel: an analysis of keyword phrases and website terms, query analysis in search engines
- Definition of the list of keywords and queries using which website promotion should be done
- Composition of headings and descriptions of the main types of pages, preparation of proposals for correcting existing ones and creating new ones, if necessary
- Preparation of recommendations for website pages and texts correction
- Preparation of recommendations for website texts and links compilation
- Policy development of reference quality database expanding and improving
- Analysis of the general website position in the thematic niche
- Analysis of the website visibility in search engines
- Analysis of information demand in this field
- Analysis of the competitors' websites visibility
- Bringing the basic requirements for website optimization
- Recommendations for website technical correction
- Guidelines for writing a robots.txt file
- Identification of duplicate pages
- Identification of "broken links"
- Analysis of the correctness of the "error 404" processing
- Detection of incorrect page URLs
- Recommendations for the organization of the website map
- Arrangement of paid links
- Development of recommendations for the search engine optimization continuation
- Increase the website reference base on a paid basis
- Help with registration in directories if necessary
- Website visibility monitoring
- Evaluation of internet competitiveness
- Report of provided assistance and its results for the month